Last Updated: 25 March 2021
Who we are
We provide easy-to use software, platforms and associated materials to improve trust and privacy in digital interactions. As a New Zealand-based company, we comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act (Privacy Act) when collecting, using or disclosing your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Privacy Act. You can find more information about the Privacy Act and your rights at www.privacy.org.nz.
For all Applicable Use in the European Economic Area or in the United Kingdom, the section titled “EEA users” applies to how we process your personal data.
How we collect personal information
Here are some of the specific ways in which we may collect your personal information:Cookies
How we use the personal information we collect
We use the personal information that we collect through your Applicable Use to:
- respond to you if you make an enquiry or apply for a job with us
- if you opt in, send you materials and updates about our business
- respond to you through community forums or social media
- provide, secure, update and maintain our website, social media accounts, training materials and events (including providing applicable troubleshooting and support)
- analyse, improve and develop the functionality of our website, social media accounts, training materials and events
- prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal processes, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, and
- fulfil any other request from you that is not captured above, or for any other purpose you have consented to.
Disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell your personal information or share it without your consent. We will only disclose your personal information:
- if required, and to the extent necessary, for the purpose the personal information was collected (for example, we may reference you or your username (as applicable) when we respond to you on a public community forum)
- if required, to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
- to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud, and
International Transfers of your personal informationAll users
When we do share your personal information, it may be transferred to, and processed in, a country different to where you are located. These countries may have laws that are different to what you are accustomed to. Where this is the case, we put comparable safeguards in place to ensure your personal information remains protected.EEA Users
For individuals in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom (EEA), or in relation to any natural person who is identified or identifiable and in the EEA, this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in accordance with the MATTR Data Processing Terms. For further information, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure or other misuse.
If there is a privacy breach that it is reasonable to believe has caused serious harm to you or is likely to do so, we will:
- notify you as soon as practicable after becoming aware of such a breach, and
- notify the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner or other regulatory authority as is required in accordance with the Privacy Act or other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Exceptions may apply if we are not legally required to provide a notice (for example, because we believe that notice would endanger the safety of a person). We will take appropriate steps to minimise the harm of the incident.
The security of your personal information is very important to us – but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold (provided it is readily retrievable) and to request correction of your personal information. You may also ask us to confirm whether we hold particular personal information. Your requests may be subject to certain conditions or grounds for refusal, as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, or other rights you may have under applicable data protection and privacy laws, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to confirm your identity and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information you would like to access, or the correction you are requesting).
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary (for the purposes for which it was collected) and as otherwise required by applicable legal or tax requirements.
Links to other websites
Privacy queries and complaints
If you’re not happy with how we are collecting, using or disclosing your personal information, please let us know by contacting us. We will review and investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable timeframe. You can also request investigation by the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at any time during or after raising a complaint with us.
As a technology company, we prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory timeframes.